Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hand Analysis - Part I

This week I got introduced to the idea of finding your life purpose in your hand print. A bit of a surprising notion to me and sort of appealing...what would my life look like if I really knew why I am here? What if I could just look at every decision that came my way and looked at it in the context of - is this serving my life purpose or not? So I searched the internet and came across the International Institute of Hand Analysis. After a quick look at their site I could see the person I was talking with had definitely been involved with this organization since their terminology was identical.

Their theory is that there are four basic categories of life commitments. We all chose to be here either to work on Peace, Wisdom, Love or Service. Each of those types has a positive and negative aspect and it is our challenge to work through the negative aspect to arrive at the positive. I will be writing a separate blog on a bit more info about the four types including how to identify them on your own hand and the very basic implications in your life.

Hand Analysis focuses on two main categories of information in your hand, the hand itself and finger prints. While the hand and lines can change throughout your life, fingerprints are set five months before you are born and never change again. From a hand analyst's standpoint this is the difference in our lives of nature vs nurture. The fingerprints show the energy patterns that are our nature and the hand shows the results of our nurture.

Lest this all sound too foofy... there is actually a medical branch of science dedicated to the study of fingerprints. As quoted from the IIHA site:

"The study of fingerprints by doctors and other scientists is called Dermatoglyphics: dermato=skin, glyphics=carvings, skin carvings; a name coined by Dr. Harold Cummins in 1926. Dr. Cummins is commonly referred to as the father of Dermatoglyphics, and his seminal work (with Dr. Charles Midlo), ironically titled Fingerprints, Palms, and Soles (souls?), is considered the standard in the field."

I'm intrigued so I'm going to investigate a bit further...

No comments:

Post a Comment