Friday, March 6, 2009

Oh Yeah!

Tomorrow is my first real, paid singing gig. This is a monumental moment in the history of Liz Granite.

I have been asked to sing on an industrial rock version of Joan Jett's hard-edged rock classic, "Oh Yeah". I feel as though my dreams are coming to fruition at light speed. I am making a living being my fabulous self: a rocker, a writer, a creator of beauty, a self-expressionist.

While I haven't typically been the kind of person who seeks validation at every turn, I am feeling validated. And it feels good. I paid my bills today with money I made doing what I love. How many people on this planet can really say that truthfully? I feel so fortunate to get to this point in my life where being myself and sharing it with the world pays the bills!

Oh yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment